GLSEN Central New Jersey is in our schools and on the streets, opening minds and doors. What are we here to do?
"...to assure that each member of every school community is valued and respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression."
Some of our biggest accomplishments in were:
- the 2013 Fall NJ Gay Straight Alliance Forum
- Our Jump-Start Studetn Leadership Team
- FY14 Provision of professional development workshops
In 2014 we will continue to:
- Support studentleaderhsip team, GSA Forum, and info and materials to GSAs
- Provide professional development to school districts and professional groups
- Strengthen and expand our Safe School Liaison Project
- Monitor implementation of NJ Anti-Bullying law in collaboration with other stakeholder groups,
- Monitor state legislation including the Birth Certificate bill related to gender identity