Every student in every school should be valued and treated with respect, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity/expression.
ABOUT GLSEN NEW YORK CITY
Founded just less than three years ago, GLSEN New York City serves the largest student population of any GLSEN chapter: 1.1 million students across 5 boroughs. As a volunteer run chapter, we come together to make safe classrooms the rule, and not the exception. We have been championing LGBT issues in K-12 education through:
- Training teachers, coaches, school leaders and other school-based staff through our professional development workshops
- Conducting extensive and original research through our national office
- Raising awareness of GLSEN programs through tabling events such as the LGBT College Fair and the United Federation of Teachers Guidance Counselor Fair
- Supporting student clubs commonly known as gay-straight alliances through our mini-funds for the Day of Silence
YOUR DONATION WILL:
- Help us continue to train faculty members at local schools, especially those with financial barriers that prevent them from having quality professional development focused on LGBTQ issues
- Continue our great work supporting No Name Calling Week and Day of Silence by providing funds for schools to purchase materials
- Begin to outreach to student clubs, commonly known as gay straight alliances by helping us to build a gay straight alliance database
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!