GLSEN strives to assure each member of every school community is valued & respected regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
About GLSEN Tucson
GLSEN Tucson was founded in 2000 to support Gay Straight Alliances in our high schools. Today GSA's are flourishing in our city and members of local GSA's can find abundant support from GLSEN Tucson, EON and the National GSA Network. GLSEN Tucson continues to build on our efforts to advocate for safe schools everywhere through presentations, professional development presentations for school faculty and staff trainings and youth workshops.
Some highlights of our work (2013-2014):
- Worked with GLSEN Phoenix to bring attention to SB1062 and elevate the voices of business owners and others who oppose it, including asking community members to call Gov. Brewer’s office and urge she veto the bill.
- Presented a workshop at the Tucson Counselors’ Symposium. This was the 2nd consecutive year we participated. This year’s theme was Weaving a Personal, Social, Academic and Career Outcomes for Student Achievement and Well Being.
- Presented a wonderful Supporting Transgender Students workshop. There were 25 people in attendance. The crowd was made up of mostly high school educators but there were several middle school educators in the room as well
- Hosted open board meetings at local places, like Raging Sage coffee house, to increase the number of periodic volunteers/board members engaged with the Chapter
Your Donation Will:
- Help us expand our Professional Development for Educators Program
- Allow us to assist GSAs in local organizing aroung GLSEN's Day of Silence, Ally Week, No Name-Calling Week etc.
- Allow us to purchase even more Safe Space Kits for local schools
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!